To become a Volunteer Visitor with the Hospice Society of the Columbia Valley you must go through an extensive screening process and 18 hours of specialized training followed by quarterly in-service training programs. This is to ensure the safety of both our clients and our volunteers.
The next set of End of Life Visitor Training will be held beginning October 20, 2017 . Please click here for exact dates and times.
The next set of Bereavement Training will be held beginning August 18, 2017. Please click here for exact dates and times.
The next set of End of Life Visitor In-Service training will be held on September 14, and December 7, 2017. Please click here for exact dates and times
The process is as follows:
- Fill out and send the 4-page visitor application to email@example.com
Click here for printable Visitor Application
- Upon receipt of the application you will be scheduled for the next round of interviews.
- Having successfully passed the interview you will be invited to join the next round of training. The Hospice Society of the Columbia Valley runs training twice a year, in the spring and in the fall; please check the Calendar for the next available training session dates.
- Once training is complete your references will be contacted (these are listed on your application form)
- You will receive a letter enabling you to get the RCMP Vulnerable Persons Check done.
- Upon receiving the RCMP form, your final interview is scheduled.
Once you become a Volunteer Visitor you will be partnered with clients by the Executive Director (ED), and you will work closely with the ED and Mentor Visitors to ensure consistency and quality of service delivery.
|Volunteer Quick Links|